Updated: May 2020
There are two primary ways in which Women in Exhibitions Network collects Information from you.
Women in Exhibitions Network Client Interactions
When you interact online or offline with Women in Exhibitions Network, we may receive your Information, including your Personal Data. For example, we receive your Information when you:
- Visit and use Women in Exhibitions Network Website
- Download materials through our Website
- Provide or update account information through the Website
- Register or attend a Women in Exhibitions Network Webinar or Event
- We may collect Information about you from other sources such as public databases, joint marketing partners, social media platforms, conference/ event hosts, and partners when you interact with them.
- We refer collectively to these contacts as “ community interactions ” and we explain below how we use the Information we collect through them.
What We Collect during our Community Interactions
We (or others acting on our behalf) may collect your Information, including your Personal Data, through the Interactions described above. Categories of Personal Data we collect include such things as:
- Email address
- Physical address, including country
- Payment details
- Phone number
- User name / user ID
- IP address
How We Use Information Collected From Client and Community Interactions
Women in Exhibitions Network uses the Information it collects from our client and community interactions to deliver services to you in accordance with our terms, to satisfy our legal obligations, or to satisfy our legitimate interests, as described below. We take seriously the need to balance our legitimate interests with your privacy rights and summarise for you here how we use Personal Data.
We use your Information to:
- Supply our services and to our freelancers offers of work. We also respond to your requests for information
- Issue you Women in Exhibitions Network accounts for access our online services. When you join our online events we collect your Personal Data so you can participate.
- Send administrative information.
- We may need to notify you (or we may choose to inform you) when we make updates to our terms or policies or make changes to our website services. We will use your name and email address to send these administrative notices to you. Where you have opted to do so, in order to ensure you can continue to access our services these administrative notices are treated differently from marketing communications.
Women in Exhibitions Network Community and Client service provision
In order to provide you with our services and supply the services of our freelancers we need to collect Information from you such as your contact and payment details.
Women in Exhibitions Network Membership Service Supply
- In order to supply your services we need to retain information relevant to the supply of your services for a fixed period (Women in Exhibitions Network Data Retention policy).Without this Information, we may not be able to deliver the services or comply with our legal obligations.
- Send you marketing communications; If we have your consent, we may email you product announcements, educational materials or information. In accordance with applicable law, we give you the choice to opt out of receiving this information.
- Security we do this to satisfy our legitimate interest in anticipating and recognising potential threats to the operation and security of our website services to help keep them online and secure. We may process your Personal Data, in particular your IP address, for this purpose.
- Diagnose and fix technical issues, monitor for security, and otherwise protect our property.
- To comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or governmental request, or to protect our legal rights.
- For any other purpose disclosed to you in connection with our website services from time to time. If we process your Personal Data for a purpose other than that set out above, we will provide you with information prior to such processing.
Exercising Your Rights in Europe
If you are in the European Union or the United Kingdom, you have the right to:
- request access to and correction of your Personal Data;
- restrict or object to the processing of your Personal Data;
- and request your Personal Data be “forgotten” (technically erased).
If you would like to exercise these rights, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org . Please describe the nature of your request and the Personal Data it relates to, and we will comply as soon as reasonably practicable, consistent with applicable law. We will verify your identity before we comply with your request, and therefore, ask for your cooperation with our identity verification process.
If we process your Personal Data based on your consent, you may withdraw your consent at any time. We will let you know if we are seeking to rely on your consent at the time we collect your information.
Opting Out of Marketing Emails
If you no longer want to receive marketing-related emails from Women in Exhibitions Network on a go-forward basis, please send an email to that effect to email@example.com. Alternatively, you may use the “unsubscribe” feature in our email messages.
What We Collect Via Membership Data and How We Use It
On-premises Product Data. We may collect and process different types of product data (as described below) when you use our membership or services to serve our legitimate interest of improving our products and services. We work hard to help ensure a balance between our legitimate interests and your privacy rights.
Aggregated Usage Data is Information about your operating environment and session, such as your network and systems architecture, page loads and views, and searches by type. We aggregate this Information to analyse usage patterns. Women in Exhibitions Network uses Aggregated Usage Data to fulfil our legitimate interest in enhancing the Women in Exhibitions Network service and products. For example, we may use this data to:
- Better understand how our users configure and use Women in Exhibitions Network
- Determine ideal optimisation.
- Benchmark key performance indicators (“KPIs”)
- Perform data analysis and audits
- Identify, understand, and anticipate performance issues and the factors that affect them
- Improve the operation of the Our Membership and its services
- Develop features
Data Collection – Personal Data
We also collect Personal Data from you to fulfil our contractual commitments to you. For example, we collect contact information such as name, address (email and physical) and phone number to enter you into our customer database systems and manage your account. This may also include Information about billing and payments, customer service, support services, or software updates. We share this Information with our affiliates, vendors and partners who help us service your account and with whom we have written agreements protecting the confidentiality, privacy and security of your Information. We do not sell this Information.
How Women in Exhibitions Network may share your information and for what purpose.
Women in Exhibitions Network may disclose Information to third parties in the following ways:
- Affiliates. We may disclose Information to our partners subject to this policy in order for them to help administer our service. For that purpose we maintain intragroup agreements with our partners covering the use of Personal Data.
- Compliance and Safety. We may disclose Information as necessary or appropriate under applicable laws (including laws outside your country of residence) to: comply with legal process or requirements; respond to requests from public and government authorities (including those outside your country of residence); enforce our terms and conditions; and protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; and our rights, privacy, safety, or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others.
- Merger, Sale, Etc. We may disclose Information in the event of a proposed or actual reorganisation, merger, sale, joint venture, corporate transaction, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of all or any portion of Women in Exhibitions Network business, assets or stock (including Information regarding any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
- Other Use. We may disclose Information to other users of the service in aggregated format, provided it does not include Personal Data. This may include tips on “best practice” , KPIs, benchmark data or other such aggregated information useful to the user community.
How We Secure Your Information
Women in Exhibitions Network takes reasonable technical and organisational measures to safeguard Personal Data against loss, theft, and unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration, misuse, or destruction. Unfortunately, no data transmission, software, or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of an account has been compromised), please notify us immediately. Please use the Contact Women in Exhibitions Network section below. If Women in Exhibitions Network learns of a breach of its systems, Women in Exhibitions Network may notify you or others consistent with applicable law and/or as agreed in our contract with you. Women in Exhibitions Network may communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use the Membership or the website.
Women in Exhibitions Network Also Observes the following:
Your Personal Information may be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities or in which we engage clients or service providers which are located outside of your country of residence, including to the United States. We protect your Personal Data in our agreements with our service providers.
Elev8 B.V. (trading as Women in Exhibitions Network) registration number: 72476869 at firstname.lastname@example.org or +31 6 56 56 12 16.